Monday, December 18, 2006

A fuss...


Now a bitch is not one to fuss at y’all.

What?

Jesus!

Okay, not one to fuss very often (wink)…but this post is a full on tragic news inspired fuss.

Fucking deal with it.

Please, please…double please…change the batteries in your smoke detectors when you fall or spring on the daylight savings schedule.

And please, please…are you listening to me, damnit?

Cough.

Get your ass a Carbon Monoxide Detector in your home…get one…just get one…do it!

Did you hear me?

Do it!

Here endeth the fuss.

5 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

I am guessing that someone you care about had a problem because of not having battaries in a smoke alarm or not having a carbon monoxide detector. I hope it wasn't too bad, and send my sympathy.

Brian said...

Yeah, I just saw that report.

All six people in the home...dead... senslessly.

And a week before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Excellent fuss. Alternative fuss; don't buy any space heaters that don't have oxygen sensors on them. There's no reason that manufacturers can't put these on emergency heaters.

CabinDweller said...

Don't know what the law is down there, but here, owners of residential buildings must have working smoke detectors and a CO detector as well. If you are a renter, your landlord is responsible for 'em.

Found a summary of state/intl. law regarding such and it varies widely at: http://ip.bmj.com/cgi/reprint/5/4/254.pdf

Anonymous said...

Depending on where you live, you might even be able to get a smoke detector for free -- my local city fire department provides smoke detectors to anyone in the city who asks. I think they will even come in and install it.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...