Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Not the kind of history this bitch wants to make...

A nod of my Afro to Rikyrah over at Mirror on America for the tip on this ignorant bullshit.

I’m not surprised that campaign minions have begun to smear Senator Obama with allegations that he was raised a religious radical nor am I surprised that “his name sure is different” bullshit has reared its ignorant head.

But I am surprised that anyone thinks they’ll get away with this shit or that those lame excuses with fly.

No…uh, uh…not.

Clinton 2008 has officially pissed me the hell off!
A bitch wasn’t even going to dip into the early primaries until they dove to such an insulting low that even my reluctant ass is checking airfares to South Carolina (anyone got a bed for a bitch?).

I call bullshit on any assertion that Clinton 2008…a campaign so tightly controlled that staffers won’t fart without getting a memo containing secret code granting permission to do so from the candidate…wasn’t connected with the over the top obvious as hell slapping down of the real race card that Bob Kerrey (who endorsed Clinton) pulled the other day.

"I've watched the blogs try to say that you can't trust [Obama] because he spent a little bit of time in a secular madrassa," the Nebraska Democrat said "I feel quite opposite. I think it's a tremendous strength whether he's in the United States Senate or whether he's in the White House."

Oh and...

"It's probably not something that appeals to him, but I like the fact that his name is Barack Hussein Obama, and that his father was a Muslim and that his paternal grandmother is a Muslim. There's a billion people on the planet that are Muslims, and I think that experience is a big deal."

Yeah, motherfucker…right.

That shit ain’t subtle and you ain’t slick.

If these comments are innocent, then that 2006 Republican macaca "slip" was an accident.

Catch thy knee, I’m not endorsing any candidate...but I am an advocate for voter education and I intend to educate my brothers and sisters in South Carolina about what’s going on in Iowa and about the difference between a candidate pandering to the black vote and respecting it.

A bitch wants to ask my brothers and sisters how they’d feel if their son/brother/cousin/black male friend, who was running for high office, had campaign operatives smear him as a drug dealing third generation religious radical rather than discuss policy differences.

Don't even get me started on the anti-Muslim slant...ugh!
Religious tolerance, my black ass.
I want to know how the same black voters Clinton 2008 is courting feel about the name game being pulled on Barack Obama while issues like generational poverty, dealing with HIV/AIDS in black communities, unequal access to education, job discrimination (though it looks like at least some Clinton supporters know a heck of a lot about the anatomy of that shit) and a lack of affordable housing go unaddressed.

This is privilege as usual …the move they pull when shit gets competitive so they can take you out at the knees and put an uppity “he should be happy as a Senator” candidate back into the submissive “what can I do to help you get elected, Missus?” position.

The way I see it, Clinton 2008 is willing to risk offending some primary voters in later states because assholes with spreadsheets were able to show that the Iowa bump will be worth it...
...and I guess that answers my questions about politics as usual versus a real commitment to change.
The Woman has shown herself to be a lot like The Man and that's not the kind of history this bitch is interested in making.
Blink.

19 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

I have never liked the Clintons, and it has been for just these reasons.

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO with you... I am only starting to try to make up my mind, because so far it's been "too early". But there's been far too many "coincidences" lately out of the Clinton campaign for me to believe any more that they *are* coincidences. Unless something momentous happens, I've pretty much decided against her. Of course, I'm "unaffiliated", so maybe I don't count, anyway. :-)

PS, I used to live in South Carolina, so I'm sure I could find you a bed there if you need one!

Yankee T said...

I'm not likin' what I'm seein' either. There is no reason for these "slips". I've been aware of elections since Kennedy vs. Nixon, and until W's first stolen one, I found it fascinating. Now the shit just pisses me off. And an old bitch like me can't afford to get her blood boiling over bullshit. I'd like to think I only have to get worked up over policy issues, not petty mud-slinging. I'm afraid she's lost me in the last 2 weeks.

Saskia said...

A little off-topic, but interesting: a noted expert and blogger about baby names has cited "Barack" as the "Name of the Year." See: http://thebabynamewizard.ivillage.com/parenting/

Her reasoning is worth reading.

Anonymous said...

FEET OF CLAY:

This kind of "slippage" is just fear at work. I can not believe they are this fearful. What is disappointing is that I thought she was better than this. She has veered off course and will ruin things for herself. She does not stike me as a self distructive person but this really is along those lines.

Ann Brock said...

Great post, I don't trust the Clinton's. They are digging hard for something, they are losing their assurance for a shoe-in.

SagaciousHillbilly said...

Disgustinig shit. And he said it during a campaign swing in Iowa for Clinton. WTF?!
I will vote for any of the democrats over any of the republos in the general election, but I sincerely hope Hillary doesn't make it at this point. I'm tired of her machine and I fear it will be more of the same old shit if she gets in.
I'm voting for Edwards and hoping big for an Edwards-Obama '08 ticket. It will make Obama a winner and set him up to run the White House for eight years beginning in '16.

Show me a candidate who is doing a better job of addressing the real issues facing our nation today than Edwards and I'll vote for them.

Lenoxave said...

You make some very valid points. The Clintons have selective memory and are trying to roll as if their shit don't stink to high heaven.

I question the integrity of the Mr. and Mrs. They've been on the receiving end of the "smear", but it seems they are willing to resort to the same bullshit when it's time to win.

I have even less respect for team Clinton after this nonsense. The subtle digs @ Obama's muslim ancestry and his name is so obvious Stevie Wonder could see it. The political game gets more and more trashy and it's sad that I'm not even surprised.

Puff, Puff, Toke, Toke Mr. Clinton. Your punk ass did inhale and you did have "sexual relations" w/"that woman".

Clowns!

Jeffrey Ricker said...

This is why my father refuses to vote for Clinton: he sees her as nothing more than a political opportunist who will do anything to get elected.

Of course, if he votes for any of the Republican field, I will not speak to him, and he's getting up there in years, but we've not had that conversation yet....

Unknown said...

Fox Noise started this bs the week after Obama announced his candidacy..and interestingly enough..the Clinton camp is spreading the exact same horseshit.

I expect this crap from the Rethugs..but then...Hillary really is a Rethug in Democrat clothing isn't she?

Anonymous said...

"The man in drag..."

Funny thing is, much in the way that Obama was accused (by some) to be "not black enough," Hillary still isn't "Man" enough to win the popular vote.

I can't decipher what the majority of our voters are MORE: racist or mysogynistic.

AND THAT? That's some scary shit. As much as women and African Americans might *hope* to think/believe, we are not living in a Virginia Slims commercial, chanting, "We've come a long way, baby."

In many ways, we have YET to get where we should be going (subtext: towards a totally egalitarian society).

Maven

Browne Molyneux said...

That was the most wrong thing I read to day. In regards to Obama and the Muslim thing.

Not nice. Not nice at all.

Browne

JustaDog said...

generational poverty: Liberals keep this going since it promotes dependency on government

dealing with HIV/AIDS in black communities: This is a behavioral choice with no one to blame

unequal access to education: Liberals prefer low income families to remain in the government public school system and not have the choice of school vouchers - most every Democrat will fight against school choice

job discrimination: Tied with a good education. Increase school choice and options to help better oneself and better jobs will be available.

Shark-Fu said...

Who sent Ann Coulter a link to my site?

Lawd, now I need to do a cleanse...again.

Get thee behind me, neo-con!

The power of progressive politics commands you...the power of progressive politics commands you...the power of progressive poltics commands you...

Unknown said...

Sweet Jebus in a speedo..the usual talking points from someone on the right side of the aisle always ruins my day.

Liberals are such nasty horrible people..yeah right. Its our fault Bush is the worst Presnit evah! Even if he did have a Rethug majority ever year of his reign but this one..tsk tsk.

Unknown said...

And another thing Mr Hawk masquerading as a noble American..

If taxes fund Public schools, we need to support them. Its a no-brainer for Gods sake. Make them better but do not abandon them. Walking away from the problems in public schools won't fix anything.

nmw said...

The constant attacks on Obama are almost making me reconsider voting for him again. I'd pretty much decided against after the whole Donnie McClurkin thing, but now....

Nah. Still sticking with Kucinich. He has the 'nads to introduce an impeachment resolution against Darth; he supports full marriage equality, and he wants immediate withdrawal from the quagmire.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Bill Clinton rushing back to Arkansas during the New Hampshire primary to oversee the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, the mentally-disabled black man.
Had to triangulate, ya know, had to sacrifice a brother to show his tough-on-crime creds.

Anonymous said...

You make the good points. And you are on the firing line, so I respect what you say.
So while still favoring Clinton, I'm keeping an eye on her.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...