Friday, April 11, 2008

Untitled…

It’s a rare thing for this bitch to be completely blindsided by a happening, but my ass is beyond upset to learn that brownfemipower has shut down La Chola.

I’ve read a lot of posts that get into the who, what, when and why of it all. My vodka cran adoring chil’ren over in the land of Live Journals (love y’all for keeping shit real!!) have been all over this shit too. I was at WAM! though I did not witness a lot of the shit that happened there (a bitch is anti-social even when I travel) but I was able to sit in on the session where BFP presented (fantabulous!!) and walked away with a whole lot of additional inner work added to my to-do list.

I really wish I could crank out a something that would relate what I’m feeling but that’s not going to happen today.

My thoughts right now are selfish as a motherfucker and this post is just going to have to reflect that shit.

I hate to see another WOC blogger shut down.

I do!

I’m sure the time will come when my angry black ass says fuck it and logs off for the final time…and I sincerely hope all y’all mourn a bitch properly and for an extended period of time.

Pause…make note to write up specific ABB blog mourning instructions…continue.

It’s just that I’ve learned so much reading brownfemipower’s posts and from having the pleasure of meeting her and from reading the work of others she was kind enough to bring to our attention on her blog.

But I know that selfish don’t trump what we need to do for ourselves.

I get that part, but I don’t have to like it.

So this I’ll say directly to BFP with the sincere hope that she is reading.

Be well, my sister, and be blessed until you’re ready to once again bless us.

8 comments:

Vida said...

Please be sure to send a copy of mourning instructions in the unfortunate event that you ever pull the plug on Angry Black Bitch. I have lurked on your blog for a while and decided to come out of hiding today. I read on several sites that La Chola had shut down but never had the chance to read her blog. Thanks to archive.org, I was able to peruse several older posts, and am saddened that such an intense, witty and powerful WOC has vanished from the blogosphere. I, like you, am hoping for brownfemipower’s resurrection some day soon.

Keep blessing us with your words, Shark-Fu!

Unknown said...

It is a horrible shock when someone who seems so strong tosses in the towel.

It leaves we, the not-so-strong..to wonder how we still get up and do it every day?

Hubris Sonic said...

>my angry black ass says fuck it and logs off for the final time..

better not...

Anonymous said...

Its often very hard to do all of this. Sometimes you get things from it and sometimes the opposite happens.

Aimee said...

no one makes me laugh, cry, scream, roll on the floor, run naked through the house, and/or beat my chest like you do, ABB. you're an inspiration to WOC and the pasty ones, too...

Anonymous said...

I was a BIG time La Chola lurker.. the entire situation is just terrible and never ending even now that she is gone. I am having a hard time reading all the posts and comments about this, so I totally understand why she felt she needed to quietly exit the scene.

midwesterntransport said...

wait...what?!

i loved reading bfp!

dammit, i'm sorry she's gone. and i don't know all the ins and outs...guess i'm gonna have to do some research.

i hope she's well. she's pretty freakin' awesome.

Ken said...

Please don't stop!

As a white, male-presenting, hetero-identifying emerging feminist, I need these kind of windows of insight. Not that it is your job to educate me, believe me, I am trying (mostly people's patience as I constantly ask for clarification) trying hard to learn how be an inclusive, understanding man. And I need all the resources I can get my internet on.

Maybe the best thing I can say, the truth is reading your blog helps. And while I can hear how you are frustrated that it makes no difference, please know that for the folks around me, especially the WoC, you are making a difference.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...