Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Onward to the Stanley Cup Finals...

Okay, Game 5 of the Habs v Flyers series was exciting as hell.

True, no one took a puck to the face...lost 7 teeth...and still return to play in the game (Lawd, have mercy), but that goal by Richards was a thing of beauty!

Anyhoo, the fantastical play-off run of the Montreal Canadians came to an end...and a bitch must confess that I was sad to see its conclusion.  But the Habs have a lot to be proud of…they played with heart and truculent belligerence (wink).

Now onward to the Finals in the quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup!

It’s going to be the Hawks vs. Flyers and a bitch suspects both teams will be puttin’ on the foil, coach…

3 comments:

Rileysdtr said...

Time to sacrifice to the hockey gods... where's my Poutine recipe?

I won't be so foolish as to predict, but I HOPE the Blackhawks win it in five. They should be able to celebrate on home ice, and the infamous Flyers fans would taint the presentation. I'm not sure I can take a Game 7 - my veins aren't as young and flexible as they used to be....

Off to look up calming mantras and breathing techniques. Oh, my stars and garters!

CeCe said...

Rileysdtr, I hope you're right. They have all these banners all over the city proclaiming our support for the Blackhawks. Mayor Daley never spares an opportunity to put up a sign encouraging city love and support. And we should have a better chance at this than the 2016 Olympics, but I digress...

What I wouldn't do for tickets to the first two games in Chicago. I went to a concert at the United Center tonight, perhaps I should've hidden and camped out for four days...

CR said...

As one of those "infamous Flyers fans", I can recall being at the Spectrum when the fans booed a zamboni driver who missed a spot.

There was also an Atomic Tire "Giveaway" during intermissions, in which they'd set up a board in front of a goal. At the bottom was a hole that was 1.001 puck widths wide and 1.001 puck thicknesses high. The contestant would shoot from the opposite blue line and try to get the puck in the net. After the first few times, the fans would boo the announcement, "Now it's time for the Atomic Tire Giveaway". One woman slid the puck along, and it hit the hole but didn't go through. She got rousing cheers, but the final announcement, "That was the Atomic Tire Giveaway" got more vicious boos than usual.

Anyway, Let's Go Flyers! Boom-boom-boomboomboom. Let's Go Flyers! Boom-boom-boomboomboom.

The Gumdrop Stage of Grief ...

So many of you have shared condolences and support after the death of my beloved brother Bill from COVID-19. I wish I could thank you indiv...